Monday, February 28, 2011

Lemon Pudding Bundt Cake

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and it was just called Lemon Pudding Cake.  But I had to change the name just a bit so as not to be confused with these Lemon Pudding Cakes.  This is a super easy (due to the cake mix) yummy lemony cake that everyone I served it to loved.  Enjoy!

 Photobucket

 Photobucket

Lemon Pudding Bundt Cake
print this recipe

1 yellow cake mix
1 (3 oz.) pkg lemon instant pudding
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.  Beat for 4 minutes.  Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake 35-40 minutes.  Let cool 10 minutes.  Invert on wire rack and let cool 10 minutes longer.  Poke holes all around the cake with a fork and drizzle with icing.

Icing

2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. water
1/3 cup lemon juice

notes: 
  • you can make this in a 9x13 inch pan as well.  Baking time increases to 40-45 minutes.
  • as you can see from my picture, I served my cake upside down.  Once I inverted it from the bundt pan, I turned it back over so the flat side was on top.  I think it looks pretty that way and I thought maybe the glaze would stay on the cake better and not drizzle off.
  • I put a cookie sheet under my rack to catch all the glaze (see picture).  It makes clean-up a lot easier!
  • next time I am going to follow this recipe but also add 1 cup of sour cream to the batter.  It is practically identical to my lemon cupcake recipe.

No comments: