Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Congo Bars

Photobucket

(these were made with half milk chocolate chips and half white chocolate chips to keep my daughter happy)

This recipe came from my mom.  I have always loved my mom's congo bars.  I always thought "congo bars" was kind of a weird name--I have no idea where that name even came from!  I can't bring myself to call them "blondies" though, because congo bars is just what they are!  They are gooey, chewy, and super yummy with a scoop of ice cream!

Congo Bars
print this recipe

2/3 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (optional)

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Put in greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I loved the mix of white chocolate and milk chocolate chips. We devoured them! I can't wait to make them. Thanks for sharing!