Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chicken Coconut Curry Soup

I love Thai food...the coconut, the curry, YUM! Here is a soup recipe that I made tonight. My husband and I really liked it, 2 out of 3 of my kids tried it and didn't complain too much. There are several things I will change about the recipe the next time I make it, and there WILL be a next time!


Photobucket



Chicken Coconut Curry Soup


1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
1 medium onion
1 cup Shitake mushrooms (I used baby bellas, couldn't find shitake at my grocery store)
2 cups cooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces (I used a rotisserie chicken)
1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
4 cups water (I will try using some chicken broth next time--maybe half broth half water)
1 tsp. red curry paste (I will try 2 tsp. next time)
1/4 cup sugar (I will try 3 Tbsp. next time--was a bit sweet)
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
soy sauce to taste (I used maybe 1/4 tsp)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil


In a large pan, heat oil and saute onion. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Add all other ingredients except for tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Add tomatoes and basil and adjust seasonings to taste.


Next time I make this, I would also like to add white rice or pad thai noodles to make it even more substantial. And serve it with a wedge of lime. YUMMY!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

dMayabe you could make this for lunch for the girls. Sounds yummyxoxoxo