Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Basic Cranberry Sauce

Photobucket

Have you ever tried making cranberry sauce instead of serving it from a can?  I tried it for the first time last year, and I couldn't believe the difference!  I also couldn't believe how easy it was!  How come it took me so long to figure this out?  Here's the recipe that I found from America's Test Kitchen.  It is a little different from the recipe on the back of the cranberry package.  It has a bit less water to make it the ideal consistency, and it also has a touch of salt to bring out the flavor.  I can't wait to have this with my Turkey!

Basic Cranberry Sauce
print this recipe

3/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
12 oz. cranberries (picked through)

Bring water, sugar and salt to boil in medium saucepan over medium heat.  Add cranberries and simmer until slightly thickened and two-thirds of berries have burst, about 10 minutes.  Transfer to serving bowl and cool completely, at least 1 hour.  Serve.

note: can be refrigerated for 1 week

No comments: