Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pecan Pie

Photobucket

This recipe comes from my husband's family.  It is his favorite dessert of all time, and it is by far the best pecan pie I have ever had.  Seriously.  And it is soooooo easy to make!

Photobucket

Pecan Pie
print this recipe

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup pecans

Heat oven to 375.  Mix together sugars and flour.  Beat in eggs, milk, vanilla, and butter.  Fold in nuts.  Pour into a pastry lined pan.  Bake 40-50 minutes.

note: I have found that after 30-40 minutes, my crust is getting well done while the pie still needs to bake a little longer.  Cover the pie crust edges with tin foil to prevent them from burning. I have found the easiest way to do this is to cut a square of foil big enough to cover the pie and then cut out a circle in the middle of it for the filling to be uncovered. 

No comments: