Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Banana Bread

Photobucket

Everyone has their favorite banana bread recipe, and here is mine.  I got it from my sister YEARS ago, and it is the one I always turn to when I have super ripe bananas.  It is somewhat "healthy" (at least I like to think so) because of the whole wheat flour and yogurt in it (just ignore the butter!).  I like to make them into muffins because of the easy portion control!

Banana Bread
print this page

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3 mashed bananas
1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt (I substitute fruit flavored yogurt if it is what I have in my fridge!)

Cream butter and sugar.  Add egg.  In separate bowl, combine mashed bananas and yogurt.  Add banana mixture alternately with the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture, stirring until just combined.  Pour into bread pan.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.

note:  bake 18-22 minutes for small muffins.  Check doneness with a toothpick.

No comments: