Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Favorite Spaghetti Sauce

Photobucket

There is nothing super exciting about my spaghetti sauce, but it is the one thing I can cook that my KIDS are super excited about.  I have fiddled around with the proportions of the spices, and I think I have found the perfect recipe for my family.  Of course, you can adjust the spices to your liking.  I like to double the batch and divide it into dinner-sized portions and store it in my freezer.  It makes for a really easy dinner that my family LOVES!  

Favorite Spagetti Sauce
(makes about 6 1/2 cups)

1 lb. ground beef
2 15oz. cans tomato sauce
1 15oz. cans chopped tomatoes
1 Tbsp. onion powder
½ Tbsp. oregano
½ Tbsp. garlic salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ cup + 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vinegar

Brown ground beef and drain grease. (I rinse mine out in a colander under hot water). Add rest of ingredients and simmer 30-60 minutes on stove. Adjust seasonings according to taste. Serve with cooked spaghetti noodles. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

DebbieT. said...

You are very dedicated to actualy measure out the proportions. I just wing it, and probably add something different each time. I also always put in a squirt of mustard! The good thing about homemade spaghetti sauce is that it is ALWAYS yummy, just like you said :-) ps:I am trying the bread today! My mouth is watering already . . . slurp!

Shauna said...

Our favorite too ... when I actually decide to cook! My boys always say that this is the ONLY thing I know how to make!!!