Saturday, December 18, 2010

Date Nut Pudding

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got this recipe from a friend in Colorado.  She served it at a party, and then made me guess what was in it.  Had I known there were dates in it, I probably wouldn't have even tried it.  I didn't think I liked dates--and I still don't think I like dates, except for in this dessert!  It is rich and gooey and caramelly (is that even a word??).  You will LOVE it!

Date Nut Pudding
print this recipe

1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup nuts (I used walnuts)
1 cup chopped dates
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix well (makes a stiff batter).

1/2 cup water
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar

Stir together in a saucepan over medium/medium-high heat.  Bring to a boil.

Pour caramel sauce into a 9x13 pan.  Drop batter by spoonfuls into sauce.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. 

1 comment:

Margaret said...

This dessert was really wonderful! xoxoxoxo